Singing Your Socks off, Playing for Pleasure
Let your spirits soar!
From Saturday Aug 11, 2018
to Saturday Aug 18, 2018
Whether or not you are a secret singer, have never sung before in your life, or sing all the time and in public, come and have a wonderful musical time performing songs from across the world, from the Pacific Islands to the Great American Songbook. On the way we will explore harmony, rhythm, phrasing and improvisation. The emphasis is on fun and enjoyment, not pressure, so you will find you will be able to:
• Subdue the critical voices that make you self-conscious
• Indulge your love of music - be it folk, jazz, blues or beyond
• Notice your confidence building
• Gather together to create wonderful harmonies
• Overcome your nerves
• Uncover hidden talent and trust your voice
Musicians are welcome to participate. Some guitars, plus chord charts and backing tracks, will be available.
Singer and psychotherapist Kate has been both performing and helping people find their own voice for the last 30 years, gaining a reputation for getting people singing in wonderful harmony in a short space of time. She has recorded two
acclaimed albums with some of the UK's top jazz musicians.